Car Accident Physical Therapy
20-50 million people are injured or disabled due to car accidents each year. Car accidents can be extremely stressful, burdensome and financially costly. Most people who have been in a car crash don’t feel symptoms, like pain and mobility problems, until days or even weeks after the accident. for this reason, it’s important to receive immediate medical treatment following a car accident. Common injuries after a traffic collision include whiplash, headaches, back pain, neck pain, shoulder pain, and knee pain.
WHIPLASH PAIN TREATMENT
Whiplash is the most reported injury after a car accident and with this type of neck pain, there are multiple variables involved that can contribute to the severity, recovery, and overall impact on your life. Symptoms includes achy neck and shoulders, numbness down your arms, or headaches.
Common symptoms after a car accident may include:
• Stiffness to neck, arms, upper back, and even the face
• Numbness into arms, neck and upper back
• Headache, dizziness, nausea
• Generalized weakness but more with head and neck
• Altered sleeping habits and patterns
• Difficulty with concentration
Choose Physical Therapy For Car Accident Injuries
At Therapydia, a physical therapist will work with you one-on-one to conduct a comprehensive head-to-toe analysis with the goal of developing a custom treatment program unique to your condition and individual needs. The goal of physical therapy is to help you repair and strengthen damaged muscles and tissues. In more severe neurological cases, a physical therapist can help you relearn everyday activities such as brushing your teeth or opening a door. Your custom car accident treatment program may also include:
• Manual therapy techniques to reduce inflammation and promote tissue healing
• Specific corrective exercises to address neck dysfunction and weakness
• Joint mobilization to restore neck and spine movement
• Postural training to reduce neck, back and shoulder injury
Schedule Your Appointment
Our physical therapists are biomechanics experts that will help you recover for the long-term. Give us a call at (504) 324-8345 or fill out the form below to schedule your appointment.